Monday, November 15, 2010

God as Real Owner

The following excerpt is taken from an unfinished manuscript of mine called Silent Whispers — Timeless Talk. It is inspired by The Talks of Upasani Maharaj and dedicated to Meher Baba.
Many have asked about the “real education” Upasni and the Masters speak about. I have suggested that this education is not complicated, esoteric, or demanding of the so-called “higher education” of the day. The following excerpt speaks to the “climate” of feeling that can accompany an individual as they live their life. It is like a tune playing softly in background of one’s heart and mind; and goes to the meaning of the saying, “Be in the world, but not of the world.”

“There is a saying, ‘If God who has thousands of hands chooses to take away, then how much can you protect with only your two hands?’ Really speaking, you are not the owner but the custodian of your life and all its paraphernalia and as a good custodian you must try your best to care for all that has been entrusted to you. There is a saying, ‘Trust in God, but tie your camel first.’ God is the real owner of all that you have and should He choose to take away all or any of it, how can you prevent it?
The most important mantra of mine is: ‘Be as it may.’ Remember, everything has two aspects. Night is opposed to day, and both these opposite states together constitute a whole day. None can change it. In the same way, pleasure is always associated with pain. If you want to have pleasure, you are bound to have pain as well, but if you equally accept pain with pleasure, that state leads you to Infinite, Godly happiness. This is the truth.
In the end, the whole of your body, mind and possessions must be relinquished. But who, on their own, can give them away? This is why God Himself is forced to steal them away from you. God is very strong, if you resist too much, He could tear off your hands. Be grateful He is most merciful.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous keysunset said...

More interesting thoughts. My daughter said something interesing about you today, she said something like everything about you gives the impression of wisdom. :-)

And there is a lot of wisdom in this excerpt. And much truth. In my faith tradition I pray "your will be done" and trust that even as I present my heart's desires to God, He truly knows what is best and needful and I try (TRY, because I really want to make it work my way, don't cha know!) to allow the will of God is be at work in and through me.

Not sure if I am on the same page you are on here, but that's what came to my mind reading your blog.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Michael Kovitz said...

I notice that your daughter said, "...gives the impression..." as opposed to "Michael is wise..."
Now that is real wisdom for sure!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Chris S. said...

It took me a long time to find time to read this blog, but I could not delete it. Today, I read this post and it was exactly what I needed to hear.

Thanks,

Chris

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home