Sunday, February 13, 2005

Divine Odyssey

Divine Odyssey


You were a stone beneath my feet in the age of Krita,

a flower of the garland round my neck in Treta;

in Dwarpara the little monkey I played with on me knee,

and in Kali, as a man, you came to worship at my feet.


The wheel of time revolves in endlessness,

ages melt into dust,

and as Krita renews the golden age,

an angel soaring in subtle space you became

to sing my praises.


Through Treta and Dwarpara

you circled ever closer to me,

like a moth circles the flame,

until Kali again returns to Krita,

and consumed in the timeless flame of love,

we will meet forever, at last,

in that place

where we becomes one.



© 2005 Michael Kovitz

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

becomes?
i think thats a typo.
nice exploration of theme tho.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Michael Kovitz said...

Thanks for the comment. I think you are suggesting the word 'become' should be used instead of 'becomes'.
Actually, becomes is what's intended-- the suggestion being that there is actually a place, or more specifically a state, where 'we'
(meaning duality or manyness becomes 'one'(meaning unity.)
If the 'we' was suggesting the personal you and me, then become would be the correct word. Michael

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home